Friday 10 July 2009

T minus 3 hours 30 mins until departure

Oh oh. I'm actually off. Pretty scary... Everything has been so neatly tidied away: the goodbyes said, the crap I couldn't pack hidden away in cupboards, the last cupcake eaten...
I've got 3 books I won't read (guidebook, short stories, linguistics-type book) and a bag of Mum's friend Sue's florentines (they are SO good) that security better let me take through. I'll be using a pay-as-you-go mobile from tonight, the number's 07592598133. I also have Skype: thuggo17; email is aetbrewer@gmail.com. Or there's ever-handy Facebook. Thank God for the virtual world's ability to seemingly minimise distance.
I'm quite looking forward to the flight - shock! - long haul on Emirates, so should be comfortable, I chose a window seat, and hopefully the films will be good. Plus the crap food always makes me think of the meals you used to get on flights all the time, like when we went on family holidays. Ah, nostalgia. Then Mum's friend Rachel will meet me at the airport and the adventure will begin!
So, see you on the otherside, quite literally, almost...
Missing you already, A x

1 comment:

  1. ooh ooh have a good flight! i too am looking forwards to my long flight ... though it's not QUITE as long as yours, obvs.

    and also, yay, look at me taking your blog's comment-virginity! yay!

    ReplyDelete